Golf Swing Faults: How to Overcome your Big Miss
As golfers, we are all looking to improve. It may seem like golf is a constant fight to fix one swing fault or another. Even more frustrating, what worked for one problem could lead to a different issue.
We get it, golf can be exhausting. But, you’ve come to the right place. We’ve got a a fix for almost all of your golf swing faults.
For most beginning golfers, the struggle starts with just making solid contact with the golf ball. The most classic of these golf impact issues:
- Fat Golf Shots
- Topping the Ball
- Skulled Shots
- Pop Ups (and How to Fix SkyMarks)
- How to Stop Hitting Thin Shots
- How to Stop Deceleration in the Golf Swing
- More Solid Shots: How to Stop Casting in your Golf Swing
Make sure you read these articles if you struggle with contact. Next up, let’s look at that big slice.
Ball Flight Issues
Congratulations, you are hitting the ball solidly and getting the ball in the air. But now you notice that your golf ball is curving off the course!
Don’t fear, we have the some fixes for that big slice or nasty hook. Check out these articles for how to work on your ball flight issues:
Don't Miss Out
Join the over 10,000 Golfers who get our newsletter, packed full of exclusive content and other specials. Subscribe below.
Physical Golf Swing Faults
For many golfers, they are limited to only working on very obvious contact or ball flight problems. But if you are one of the lucky golfers that have seen your golf swing on video, you may have noticed some very clear swing faults. Here’s how to correct the most common swing faults:
- Stop the Chicken Wing
- Shorten your Backswing
- How to Lengthen your Backswing
- 3 Reasons you are Getting Stuck
- Stop the Backswing Sway
- Over the Top Golf Swing: How to Move your Swing Path
- Early Extension in the Golf Swing
- How to Prevent Swinging Too Hard in Golf
- Tips on How to Hit the Golf Ball Farther
- How to Increase ClubHead Speed
- Ball Speed to Distance: The Magic Ratio for Distance
Mental Swing Faults
So far, we’ve focused on actual swing faults. But, have you ever considered that some of your swing issues could be “between your ears”?
Below are a few articles where we explore some common mental errors that can lead to a very bad ballstriking day:
- Making Self Corrections on Course
- Common Golf Mistakes: The Low Hanging Fruit for Better Scores
- How to Beat the First Tee Jitters
- Get Rid of Tension in the Golf Swing
- The Complete Guide to Hitting Recovery Shots
- How to Beat the Yips
- How to Hit a Golf Shot Out of Water
For more about the mental game of golf, make sure to read about how you can improve your golf strategy.
Finally, if all else fails maybe it’s time to call a professional. Here’s a couple articles about golf lessons.
Remember, all of these swing faults can be fixed with a little practice and the right technique. While few of us are capable of playing like Tiger Woods, we can all hit the ball solidly and relatively straight if we work with our own natural talents.
If you struggle with any of the swing faults we’ve discussed here, make sure you go back and look at our articles on golf swing fundamentals.