Golf Strategy: Tips to Improve your Mental Game
We all are looking to shoot lower scores every time we take to the course. Naturally, many of us attempt to do that by constantly improving our golf swing, short game, or putting.
While all three of those are very good goals to have. Many golfers fail to realize that the quickest way to lower scores is by playing golf with a solid strategy. With all of these posts, we hope we can help you improve your “mental game”.
First off, depending on your skills and experience, breaking a certain number in golf requires solid strategy. In all the articles below, you’ll find our recommendations for breaking into that next class of golf:
- Break 100 with your Brain
- Break 90 without Swing Changes
- How to go from a 20 Handicap to a 10
- How to Consistently Break 80
- What it Takes to Play Scratch Golf
- Lessons Learned from Competition Golf
- Why you should be tracking your Golf Stats
- How to Keep a Golf Journal
- How to Set Goals in Golf
- How to Get Better at Golf: 11 Tips
Regardless of what level golf you are currently at, applying good solid course management to your game can help you maximize your score:
- Tee Box Strategy
- How to Manage your Misses in Golf
- How to Evaluate a Lie
- Approach Shot Strategy: When to Attack
- The Lay Up Shot: You need a Strategy
- A Plan for Playing a New Golf Course for the First Time
- Learn how to use Yardage books and Pin Sheets
- How to Play a Short Par 4
- Shot Dispersion in Golf: The Secret to Scoring?
Playing in Poor Weather Conditions
Let’s face it, not every day is going to be sunny and 75 degrees. You will occasionally have to play in the rain, play on a windy day, play in hot and humid conditions or even brave the Winter to get in 18 holes. Also, if you are traveling make sure you understand how altitude affects golf distance. If you face any of these, make sure to check out the articles below:
Don't Miss Out
Join the over 10,000 Golfers who get our newsletter, packed full of exclusive content and other specials. Subscribe below.
Mental Game Tips
In golf, there are many problems you will face where having a better swing is not always the correct answer. Before you even get to the course, having the right mindset can help you perform much better.
Take for instance match play, having a better strategy than your opponent can allow you to be victorious over a much better player.
Whatever the situation is, we’ve got you covered:
- Tips for More Consistent Golf
- Onto the Next Hole: How to Bounce Back in Golf
- Golf Slump: The Plan to Get Back on Track
- How to Beat Late-Round Fatigue
- Match Play Guide
- Why Greens in Regulation Matter
- Mental Attitude in Golf: It matters more than you Think
- Meditation for Golf: Calm your Mind to Play Better
- Sports Psychologists in Golf: How to Conquer your Inner Demons
- Hypnosis & Golf: Train your Mind for Better Golf
- Golf Nerves: How to Calm Down and Play Better
- The Subconscious Mind and Golf
- How to Commit to a Golf Shot